Before trading any crypto assets it is important to understand the risks. This overview summarizes certain risks associated with DIA.
No securities regulatory authority has expressed an opinion about DIA, including an opinion that DIA itself is not a security and/or derivative.
Token Description & Project Background
DIA is an ecosystem for financial data in the financial smart contract ecosystem. The aim is to bring together data analysts, data providers, and data users. In general, DIA acts as a price oracle to both centralized and DeFi applications.
$DIA powers the decentralized oracle economy, and serves as the protocol's governance token. It empowers the community to dictate future development and parameters related to the network and validate DIA’s crowdsourced data feeds.
Decentralized applications are reliant on trustable and scalable data feeds to build reliable products and avoid exploitation and manipulation. The DIA platform enables “sourcing, validation and sharing of transparent and verified data feed for tradition and digital financial applications.
DIA was released using bonding curve distribution on 3 August 2020.
DIA was founded by Michael Weber (CEO) & Paul Claudius. Weber gained recognition in 2014 as the founder of Goodcoin, a blockchain-powered loyalty solution. Claudius has prior experience with BNP Paribas and AXA Private Equity.
The DIA DAO is ‘to enable the DIA community to support the growth and development of DIA’ .
Risks of DIA
Like an investment in other crypto assets, there are some general risks to investing in DIA. These include: (i) volatility risk and liquidity risk, (ii) short history risk, (iii) demand risk, (iv) forking risk, (v) code defects, (vi) regulatory risk, (vii) electronic trading risk, and (viii) cyber security risk. For additional information of these and other general risks associated with crypto assets and Uphold’s platform, please refer to thestatement.
In addition to these general risks, an investment in DIA is subject to the following specific risks:
- Any potential success associated with DIA depends on its rate of adoption by decentralized applications. There are a number of competing oracle platforms (such as Chainlink).
- Any potential success associated with DIA depends on a number of external factors, such as the continued growth of decentralized applications and their need for having data validated by other blockchains.
We emphasize that this Crypto Asset Statement is not an exhaustive description or summary of all risks associated with DIA. Investors should conduct their own research and perform their own assessment before trading any crypto asset to determine the appropriate level of risk for their personal circumstances.
The DIA community, DIA DAO, and DIA founders are not under any legal or regulatory obligation to disclose material information to the public regarding its activities. Holders of DIA have no recourse to the DIA community, DIA DAO, DIA founders, or Uphold if DIA declines in value for any reason.
Changes to applicable law may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, or value of any of your crypto assets, and such changes may be sudden and without notice.
Uphold’s Evaluation Process
Prior to listing DIA on the Uphold Platform, Uphold performed due diligence on DIA and determined that DIA is unlikely to be a security or derivative under relevant securities legislation. Uphold’s analysis including reviewing publicly available information on the following:
- The creation, governance, usage, and design of DIA, including ensuring the source code is open-source, audited and peer reviewed, security, and roadmap for growth in the developer community.
- The supply, demand, maturity, utility, and liquidity of DIA.
- Any marketing materials put forward by the DIA social team including on, Twitter, Medium blog, LinkedIn posts, Discord and Telegram channels.
- Material technical risks associated with DIA, including any code defects, security breaches and other threats concerning DIA and its supporting blockchain (such as the susceptibility to hacking and impact of forking), or the practices and protocols that apply to them.
- Legal and regulatory risks associated with DIA, including any pending, potential, or prior civil, regulatory, criminal, or enforcement action relating to the issuance, distribution, or use of DIA.
Uphold has prepared this Crypto Asset Statement based on publicly available information. Although Uphold has taken steps to obtain information from apparently reliable sources, information contained in this Crypto Asset Statement may be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. This overview is a starting point for you to perform your own research prior to investing in a crypto asset.
Uphold users should read thestatement for additional discussion of general risks associated with crypto assets made available through the Uphold platform.
Canadian residents, please note that Uphold has filed an application for registration in certain Canadian jurisdictions but has not yet obtained registration. Until such time as Uphold obtains registration, Uphold has agreed to abide by the terms of an undertaking available at the following. Please also review the for additional discussion of general risks associated with the crypto assets made available through Uphold Platform. Please be aware that statutory rights of action for damages or rescission in section 130.1 of the Securities Act (Ontario) and, if applicable, similar statutory rights under securities legislation in the other provinces and territories of Canada do not apply in respect of this Crypto Asset Statement or other disclosures on the Uphold website and statement.
Last updated on June 13, 2023.
How to buy Decentralized Information Asset (DIA)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees