Buy Berkshire Hathaway
About Berkshire Hathaway (BKRB)
Founded by legendary investor Warren Buffet, the company was a conglomerate of textile mills as recently as 1962. Over the ensuing years, Buffet acquired a majority stake and in 1967 started diversifying by taking equity stakes in other businesses, or buying them outright.
Berkshire Hathaway now has investments in many privately-held companies, including GEICO, Dairy Queen, Pampered Chef, Fruit of the Loom, and NetJets, as well as in public companies such as Amazon, Apple, Wrigley, Coca Cola and many more.
Berkshire Hathaway stock price
Berkshire Hathaway believes in reinvesting all profits from the companies and stocks it owns into more asset purchases. Over the years, Berkshire Hathaway has produced extraordinary capital growth for investors (over 2.7 million % between 1965 and 2019) due to this compounding effect.
Berkshire Hathaway Shares - Class A stock or 'BRK.A' - are now worth over $250,000 ($286,140 at the time of writing) each. For most investors, that's just not affordable.
That is why in 1996 Buffet created a new class of share called Berkshire Hathaway Class B Stock (BRK.B) at a more affordable price.
What the bears are saying
- Warren Buffet is 89: The legendary investor has been sharing his investment philosophy for years but hasn't nominated a successor yet.
- Diversification makes it tricky to keep track of investment performance: With so many investments, how does Berkshire Hathaway keep track of them for continued top performance?
- There are better value shares to buy: Berkshire Hathaway shares command a high price due to the stellar reputation and track record of Buffet?
What the bulls are saying
- There’s no stopping Berkshire Hathaway: Berkshire Hathaway has been one of the most successful and profitable companies in the world for years. There’s no sign of it slowing down.
- Diversity gives safety AND growth: Berkshire Hathaway is remarkably diversified and well-placed to absorb economic shocks.
- It has a big future: Because BH doesn’t pay dividends and instead reinvests all its profits, it is expected to continue compounding in value.
How to invest in Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) with Uphold
Uphold makes it incredibly easy for anyone to buy shares, national currencies, precious metals, cryptocurrencies, or stablecoins in seconds.
Here’s how quick it is to get started:
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete a 2-min identity check.
- Your account is ready, and you can start using Uphold.
You can fund your account to invest in BKRB shares with your debit card, credit card, bank account, or crypto deposit.
Your Uphold account can also be used to make payments to vendors, send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more. Completely free of charge.
Uphold’s unique ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading experience makes any exchange a seamless, one-step process.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other jurisdictions.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% trading commissions 0% withdrawal fees