UPDATE: December 5, 2018, we have re-enabled full support of Bitcoin Gold (BTG). Uphold members now have full connectivity to BTG, including the ability to buy, trade, send, deposit and withdraw.
At Uphold, we believe in keeping our members up-to-date on the latest events and advancements in the digital currency space. In keeping with this promise, we want to inform you of the upcoming Bitcoin Gold Hardfork, expected to take place on July 4, 2018, at approximately 5 AM PST. In order to protect your funds and in anticipation of potential network instability during the hardfork and out of an abundance of caution, Uphold will temporarily suspend Bitcoin Gold deposits and withdrawals on Monday, July 2, 2018, at 2 PM UTC. We will be monitoring the BTG chain and re-enable deposits/withdrawals once it stabilizes.
As an Uphold member here is what you can expect:
- Members do not need to do anything in preparation for or relating to this fork
- There is no new or forked coin expected from this fork, it is for the purpose of routine maintenance and to improve mining speed
- BTG deposits and withdrawals temporarily suspended at 2 PM UTC
- Any BTG deposits that were in transit, but not completed before 2 PM UTC on our system after the fork once service has been enabled if the transaction is valid in the BTG blockchain.
- Support of all BTG related transactions (including deposits and withdrawals) will return to full service on Uphold once the network has stabilized