Today we’re delighted to announce that the Universal Protocol Token (UPT), the crypto industry’s first Mega Utility Token, is now available to buy on Uphold*.
UPT is the native utility token of the Universal Protocol Alliance, a coalition of some of the best-known blockchain companies who together empower an ecosystem of more than 10 million users. UP Alliance members include: Cred, Uphold, Blockchain at Berkeley, CertiK and OmiseGO.
UPT holders will be able to use UPT as a staking mechanism to access better interest rates for cashback offers, and discounted trading rates on Uphold. Users can also receive interest on their UPT and all UP tokens through CredEarn**, available on Uphold.
The Universal Protocol Alliance is designed to usher in the next billion users of crypto by making cryptocurrencies safer and more secure to own for mainstream users. The Alliance has already launched the Universal Dollar and Universal Euro stablecoins and Universal Bitcoin – ERC-20 tokens on the Ethereum blockchain that create a better and safer way to own the underlying currencies.
UPT holders benefit from significantly enhanced rates and services from a range of UP Alliance members including:
- Cred – Holders of UPT will earn interest on UPT and all UP tokens through CredEarn. Holders of UPT or any UP token will also be able to collateralize UPT or any UP token to receive fiat loans. Cred is a global lending and borrowing platform serving customers in 183 countries with over 300 million of lending capital.
- Uphold – Holders of UPT will receive additional digital currency back with the launch of the Uphold debit card in January 2020 (up to an additional 1%) and will receive discounts on all trades performed on Uphold from that date*. Founded in 2014, Uphold has over 1.5 million users around the world and has traded over $5.4 billion on its digital money platform and reserve ledger.
- OmiseGo – Holders of UPT will be able to pay fees using OmiseGO’s payment settlement technology. The leading layer 2 scalability solution for Ethereum supporting any type of tokenized asset including UPT.
- Blockchain at Berkeley – Holders of UPT and any UP Token can purchase goods, services and tickets for blockchain events at reduced prices. Blockchain at Berkeley is an academic organization at the University of California, Berkeley, that provides educational resources, consultancy, and R&D to some of the biggest blockchain projects in the world.
- CertiK – Holders of UPT and any UP Token will benefit from reduced code auditing fees when payment is made with UP tokens. Certik is a pioneer in blockchain security and auditing with over $5B in assets secured, founded by Yale Department Chair of Computer Science Zhong Shao and Columbia University Assistant Professor Ronghui Gu.
You can buy UPT with zero fees on Uphold from now until 4 p.m. UTC on Wednesday, November 27, 2019.
“The Universal Protocol Token is the solution for businesses, consumers and governments large and small to digitally maneuver assets anywhere and anytime,” said JP Thieriot, co-founder of the UP Alliance and Uphold. “UPT will unlock tremendous value in the ecosystem and set the stage for even more innovative solutions in the marketplace.”
*Not available to residents of the US or any countries that prohibit the sale of digital assets or cryptocurrencies or persons who are subject to applicable sanctions or are located, organized or resident in a country or territory that is the subject of applicable sanctions.
**Uphold is not a lender, loan broker, or loan arranger and is not offering anyone advice or assistance in obtaining a loan. CredEarn is a third party product subject to additional terms and conditions. Only certain digital assets are eligible for CredEarn; Not available in all jurisdictions. Uphold does not guarantee any returns.