Today, we’re excited to announce our partnership with SALT Lending, which will give Uphold members access to loans using cryptocurrency holdings as collateral. Founded in 2016, SALT offers crypto-backed loans and custody solutions for individuals and businesses, working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance.
In as little as 24 hours, a loan can be secured against your holdings in Bitcoin, XRP, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash or Dash. The seamless Uphold integration streamlines the lending experience, giving our members the ability to connect their Uphold account via SALT’s dashboard to add collateral assets and receive loan proceeds directly to their Uphold wallet.
SALT Lending Features
- Loans starting from $5,000**
- Competitive Interest Rates
- Terms from 3 to 12 months
- Starting LTV from 30%-70%
- $0 origination or prepayment fees
“SALT has empowered its users with the flexibility to access loans using their cryptocurrency holdings. Our integration with the SALT platform allows us to grow our service offering and provides another real-world use case for Uphold members,” said Robin O’Connell, Chief Revenue Officer, Uphold.
The legacy financial services industry has not recognized crypto as an asset class and lacks the necessary tools to properly manage collateralized lending. We are excited to partner with SALT to give Uphold members access to crypto-backed loans and even more flexibility in how you manage and use your Uphold account.
Here’s how it works
- Connect to SALT in the Uphold App Center or visit https://saltlending.com to register
- Once you’ve signed in, scroll to the bottom of your SALT dashboard, and select the option to deposit assets by linking your Uphold account
- Select “Connect Uphold” and login to your Uphold account
- Now you’re ready to apply for and customize your loan
Uphold is not a lender, loan broker, or loan arranger and is not offering anyone advice or assistance in obtaining a loan.
All loans are subject to KYC, AML, and other Terms, Conditions, and Restrictions. Please see www.saltlending.com for additional information. Loans not available to all borrowers or in all jurisdictions.