Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
About SushiSwap (SUSHI)
An Ethereum-based (ERC-20) token, SUSHI facilitates the governance of the SushiSwap protocol, a network of decentralized liquidity pools enabling users to earn yield ().
When it forked off of (and cloned all aspects of) Uniswap in late August of 2020, the upstart decentralized exchange (DEX) was dubbed a "vampire mining pool," having, via incentives and social media fanfare, drained some.
Adding to the strange and mysterious origin tale is the role of SushiSwap's anonymous creator, "Chef Nomi," who, soon after the launch, left excited and took $14 million in SUSHI tokens with him, but then returned them as key developers figures and financial backers came together to rescue the project – at the time, primarily a community-driven automated market maker (AMM)/smart-contract liquidity management system. -- and, eventually, led by a second influential, pseudonymously named project leader, 0xMaki, became a much more multi-faceted ecosystem. OxMaki, in late September 2021, also stepped away.
Not surprisingly, first-mover Uniswap is much larger, more closely synonymous with decentralized finance ("DeFi"), and still dominates Ethereum-based DEX activity; but right there, sitting in second place,.
Since the start of 2021, SUSHI, which bills itself the "home of DeFi," has introduced a slew of new features and innovations: Multi-chain AMM; Kashi Lending & Leverage (a margin trading system); BentoBox dApps; xSUSHI staking; Miso, a token launch platform; and Onsen, a liquidity provision reward system for staking a rotating menu of relatively.
SUSHI’s integration with Yearn finance is seen as putting SushiSwap in a position to serve as a default exchange platform tying in other.
The current price of SushiSwap (SUSHI)
As of mid-September 2021, SUSHI was roughly $13, some 40% lower than its all-time high reached in March. SUSHI's market capitalization is roughly $2.8 billion, making it the 62nd-largest crypto asset, as ranked by.
Since November of 2020, SUSHI has risen more than 2,600%. Even when a SUSHI-connected platform, Miso, got stung (Sept. 17) by an NFT-related scheme (resulting in the theft of $3 million worth of ETH), the blowback in terms of impact on the token was.
How the price of SushiSwap (SUSHI) is determined
The total supply of SUSHI tokens has been capped at 25034 million tokens; the release of new tokens.
The circulating supply is estimated to be at around 190 million. New SUSHI tokens are created, or "emitted," via incentivized liquidity pools on the.
SUSHI holders are thought to number in excess of 150,000. The token trades on major exchanges. Roughly $1 billion worth of SUSHI changes hands every 24 hours, as of mid-September.
SushiSwap aggregates a daily transaction volume of.
Traders use exchange volume as a proxy for assigning a valuation to its native token.
"If you're considering buying it, it would be good to pay attention to similar tokens in the DeFi space and read up on possible regulatory changes," The Ascent's Emma Newbery has said. "A solid understanding of decentralized finance will help you to get the."
What the bulls are saying about SushiSwap (SUSHI)
- Based on SushiSwap transaction volume, and contrasting it to some rival exchanges, the token, at $13, could be considered as trading at a major discount, roughly 33% lower than where it should be, Cointelegraph on Sept. 1.
- Indeed, SUSHI could be considered the most undervalued crypto-token, according to Jeff Dorman, the chief investment officer at crypto investing firm Arca, tweeting in was starting to fall below $20, per MarketRealist.
- “The more blockchains Sushi branches out to, the more fees generated by users," said DeFi analyst SushiSwap is currently the fifth highest-earning protocol after Ethereum, Uniswap, Binance Smart Chain, and Aave.
What the bears are saying about SushiSwap (SUSHI)
- Uniswap has clearly dominated the DEX platform space, with its total value locked beating SushiSwap’s significantly, , noting that a scenario in which SushiSwap ever upends said pecking order "doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon."
- Spelling out a potentially bearish scenario -- if crypto falls out of favor and bears take over price discovery -- the price of SUSHI might decrease toward $6, according to analysts at .
- The Economic Forecast Agency SUSHI’s price will remain volatile, dropping to below $7 in the next two years.
How to buy SushiSwap (SUSHI)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees