About NVIDIA (NVDA)
Nvidia Corporation (NVDA) is an American technology company based in Santa Clara, California.
Founded in 1993 by Jensen Huang, Chris Malachowsky and Curtis Priem, the company designs and manufactures graphics processing units (GPUs) with a strong focus on the professional gaming industry. The trio shared a belief that GPUs were poised to become an essential part of the next generation of computing.
The current NVIDIA product line is aimed at many different markets. GeForce, one of the best known brands (with more than 20 years of development) is a consumer graphic card designed for the gaming industry.
Other NVIDIA products like DGX, Grid and Tegra (system on a chip, SoC) are used in innovative technologies such as deep learning, analytics, virtual reality, artificial intelligence (AI) and visual cloud computing; with applications in healthcare, weather prediction models, self-driving vehicles, autonomous robots and drones.
NVDA stock price
For many people, a single Nvidia share may appear unaffordable. However, at Uphold you don’t have to buy whole shares, and, as with cryptos, you can buy a fraction from as little as $1.00.
Partnerships with companies such as Tesla (TSLA), Amazon (AMZN), Facebook (FB), and Google (GOOGL), consolidate NVIDIA at the center of the AI and autonomous vehicle (AV) revolution, promising growth for years to come.
That said, US-China tension and the risk of a trade war is intensifying. Such an uncertain scenario could hit NVIDIA, as the company gets almost 50% of its sales from China.
The NVIDIA stock price is ultimately determined by the law of the market: supply and demand. Traders around the world put up ask (selling) and bid (buying) orders, and the result is the current NVDA price.
What the bears are saying
- NVIDIA’s rivals are catching up: NVIDIA’s main competitors include Intel (INTC), Qualcomm (QCOM), and AMD (AMD). Most are starting to focus on the GPU market.
- The company is too reliant on China: The US-China trade war is escalating, a complex challenge for NVIDIA, as almost half its sales, come from China.
- Artificial intelligence, self-driving vehicles are still decades away: Groundbreaking technologies such as AI and AV are in the early stages of development. NVDA stock is often singled out as being overvalued by analysts due to the extended time frame.
What the bulls are saying
- A forward-looking identity: NVIDIA was founded on the idea that GPUs were the future of computing. The company has already embedded itself in the next wave of innovation, including cloud gaming, virtual reality, machine learning.
- NVIDIA will spearhead the AI and self-driving vehicles revolution: Once considered science fiction, AI and AV technologies have the potential to change our daily lives.
- Hardware: A Cambrian explosion: Computers are in our homes, cars, watches, phones, and even clothes. Demand will increase exponentially.
How to invest in NVIDIA with Uphold
Do you want to invest in NVDA with USD? You only need a verified Uphold account to buy NVIDIA shares instantly. If you don’t have one, don’t worry, it’s easy to create an account.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete a 2-minute identity check.
- Your account will then be activated, and you can start using Uphold.
You can fund your account to buy NVDA shares with your debit card, credit card, bank account, or crypto deposit. Your Uphold account can also be used to make payments to vendors, and send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more.
Uphold’s ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading experience will make any exchange a seamless process, all commission-free.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other jurisdictions.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% withdrawal fees