About Ontology (ONT)
Created to solve for identity and data issues connected with the Web 3.0, or Web3, the Ontology blockchain touts itself as fast, inexpensive and open to the public.
It's "trust redefined,"says, emphasizing the potential for decentralized protocols to shape the future of digital privacy and security in the context of Web3.
Ontology’s Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) provides Ethereum compatibility; further interoperability (via the Ontology Multi-Virtual Machine) remains a priority for the chain.
ONT is Ontology's native asset, undergirding the platform. Ontology actually features a two-token system, asnoted, with ONT enabling holders to contribute to the network's security mechanism and participate in governance decisions; ONG, meanwhile, is used to pay transaction fees.
Ontology aims to introduce the blockchain to enterprises sans pre-requisite technical knowledge, removing basic barriers to wider blockchain adoption,pointed out.
"Apart from providing support for the services and applications running on its public chains, Ontology also supports the public chains of the applications that have been developed on its framework, and collaboration with various protocol groups," said the.
"The project is concentrated on facilitating self-sovereign identification (ID) and data management," Messari said of the open-source network emerging as a go-to platform for smart contract creation/decentralized application (dApp) deployment.
ONT is becoming associated with peer-to-peer trust innovations, easy to use interfaces and a solid alliance with NEO, said.
The current price of ONT
As of late March 2022, ONT was changing hands at $0.64, according to. At the time, that price represented a year-to-date gain of 13.6%. Compared to where it stood in late March of 2021, ONT has declined 60%.
The price history of ONT can be described as extremely volatile. In May of 2018, ONT hit an all-time high of nearly $11 before losing about 95% of its value within months. The token has yet to sustain any serious momentum since then. It hit an all-time low of $0.23 during the sell-off of March 2020 at the outset of the pandemic ().
How the price of ONT is determined
ONT was released via airdrop in February of 2018. Per, ONT has a total supply of 1 billion.
Some 78% of these tokens initially resided with the projects’ founders and core team, while the remaining 22% portion of supply was either air-dropped beyond the founders/core team or distributed in the form of tokenized rewards.
Price levels at times reflect ONT’s deflationary nature, an aspect of tokenomics that can be viewed as bullish looking out over the long term and assuming investors continue to buy into the notion of cross-chain interoperability as a trend with legs.
What the bulls are saying
*Ontology lets businesses enjoy blockchain benefits like smart contracts and tokenization while still retaining control of their sensitive data, said Daniel Won,.
*"ONT is an outstanding long-term (1-year) investment,"said.
*ONT has a "huge possibility of overtaking its all-time-high" at some point in 2022, according to.
What the bears are saying
*In late March 2022,technical indicators predicted bearish short-term momentum for ONT, expected to lose 15% of its value.
*ONT's plunge in early 2022 broke down the trend and dragged the price below the support levels,said in February 2022. "The asset still remains notably bearish."
*"The sellers are currently leading the down rally under a dynamic resistance trendline,"said in February 2022. "Until the descending trendline is intact, the QNT price poses a threat to continue its downtrend.”
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that digital assets such as cryptocurrencies present unique risks for investors. Please see ourbefore investing.
May not be available in all jurisdictions.
This content is correct as of March 2022.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees
0% trading commissions