User Verification Procedures and Limits
Last updated Feb 09, 2020
We use multi-level systems and procedures to collect and verify information about you in order to help keep ourselves, other users and our partners safe from fraudulent activity and for record-keeping purposes. In addition, to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, applicable law requires financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
Your daily or weekly add-funds limits, remove-funds limits, transaction limits and transfer limits are based on the information you provide to us. Users who wish to use the Uphold platform must establish an account with us by, at minimum:
- Providing their legal name
- Verifying their email address
- Verifying their date of birth
- Providing their phone number
- Providing a government-issued ID – such as a passport or driver’s license (a second form of government-issued ID may be required to surpass certain transaction thresholds), and
- Accepting our User Agreement in full
Users who wish to add or remove value using an available fiat transfer must, at minimum:
- Add and verify a bank account, credit and/or debit card;
- Provide additional details, including their residential address and government-issued document and/or social security number; and
- We also may require that you provide or verify additional identifying information or to wait some amount of time a transaction before permitting you to use the Uphold platform at all or at any given level.
A corporation, partnership, trust or other legal entity may need to provide other information, such as its principal place of business, local office, employer identification number, certified articles of incorporation, government-issued business license, a partnership agreement or a trust agreement.
If you don't provide the information requested or your identity can't be verified, we may not be able to open an account or carry out transactions for you. If we have already opened an account for you, we may have to close it.
You may view applicable volume limits by visiting.
You can contact us through support to request increased limits. We may require you to submit to enhanced due diligence at your cost and, of course, we cannot guarantee that we can increase your limits.