Buy Johnson & Johnson
As one of the most iconic healthcare and consumer goods companies in the world, Johnson & Johnson (Stock Ticker: JNJ) is a blue-chip stock.
Founded in 1886 as a surgical dressing supplier, Johnson & Johnson gradually invested in other medical and healthcare companies, including prescription drugs, cough medicines, pharmaceuticals, and baby powder. It was listed as a public company in 1944.
Today, it has more than 130,000 employees across 250 companies, and annual revenues in 2019 of $82 billion.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, Johnson & Johnson has committed $1 billion towards developing a vaccine for COVID-19, in conjunction with the US government (enacted through a non-profit vehicle).
JNJ stock price
JNJ has a market capitalization of $390.61 billion with 2.63 billion shares in circulation. Revenues have grown by approximately 250% in the past ten years and shares have risen in price, thanks to good management and increasing demand for the company’s range of products and services.
What the bears are saying
- Lawsuits could pose a risk: In an increasingly litigious world, healthcare companies like Johnson & Johnson face constant threats, with defense and settlement becoming extraordinarily expensive.
- Strong competition: Johnson & Johnson are up against successful, hugely profitable companies like Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Colgate Palmolive, and more.
- One bad lawsuit can hit profits materially: Losing one big class action could affect the company’s share price and erode the annual dividend.
What the bulls are saying
- JNJ stock is good for dividends: Johnson & Johnson provides a consistent dividend yield of between 2% and 3% p.a.
- Healthcare is in demand and JNJ is diverse and robust: Due to Johnson & Johnson’s investments in a wide range of healthcare and consumer products companies, JNJ Stock is likely to enjoy continued strong growth in the future.
- The company is over 130 years old: You don’t stay in business and have an $80+ billion annual turnover without doing things well. JNJ has a bright future.
How to invest in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ Stock) with Uphold
With Uphold, it's easy to invest in JNJ stock. Using our simple interface, you can buy shares, foreign currencies, precious metals, and stablecoins in seconds.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete a 2-minute identity check.
- Your account will be created instantly and you can start using Uphold.
You can fund your account to buy JNJ shares with your debit card, credit card, bank account, or crypto deposit. Your Uphold account can also be used to make payments to vendors, and send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more.
Uphold’s ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading experience will make any currency exchange a seamless, commission-free process.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other jurisdictions.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% trading commissions 0% withdrawal fees