Buy Procter & Gamble
About Procter & Gamble (PG)
The Procter & Gamble Company is an American consumer goods corporation, based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
With almost two centuries of history, the blue-chip firm is one of the oldest and most respected companies in the U.S.
Procter & Gamble focuses on segments including healthcare, beauty, grooming, baby/family, and homecare.
The company’s line of consumer products covers a wide range of staples including toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, tissues, toilet paper, baby wipes, shaving products, deodorants, shampoos, detergents, laundry, and surface disinfectants.
Although Procter & Gamble is a household name, the public is more familiar with consumer brands such as Old Spice, Gillette, Braun, Head & Shoulders, Vicks, Oral-B, Tide, Pampers, and Pantene.
PG stock price
The Procter & Gamble share price, like those of other publicly-traded companies, is highly correlated to quarterly and annual revenues, which are driven by demand for the company’s products.
The company has endured many market cycles in its long history. Like other well-established blue-chip companies, it is seen as relatively recession-proof, as it specializes in staple and primary need products.
The company has tried to expand into major emerging markets such as Brazil, India, Russia, and China over the last couple of decades.
The results have been mixed, drawing concern about the company's long-term direction, growth, and sustainability. To counter the criticism, Procter & Gamble announced a streamlining plan in 2014, dropping almost 100 brands from its product line.
Looking at the Procter & Gamble price chart, you’d think the stock is already unaffordable for many investors on modest incomes. However, at Uphold, you don’t have to buy a whole unit of PG stock. As with cryptocurrencies, you can buy fractions of a share, and invest as little as $1.00.
The Procter & Gamble stock price is ultimately determined by market dynamics: supply and demand. Traders around the world put up ask (selling) and bid (buying) orders, and the matching process in exchange order books creates the current PG price, which is constantly changing.
What the bears are saying
- Stagnant growth: Although PG is seen as a reliable source of dividends, the company’s growth rate remains a concern. Procter & Gamble is often accused of trying to cover too many areas with an unclear strategy.
- E-commerce taking over: Procter & Gamble may dominate in shops and supermarkets, but smaller, tech-savvy brands are making a big dent online.
- COVID-19 won’t last forever: Although the pandemic has been good for PG sales, the related changes in consumer behavior may not last.
What the bulls are saying
- Among the bluest of blue chips: With almost 200 years of history under its belt, Procter & Gamble is the definition of a blue-chip company. PG is commonly found among the leading stocks in the best-known stock market indexes.
- Pandemic—and recession-proof: The COVID-19 pandemic has been kind to PG’s stock price. The company has seen an increase in sales in many categories, including health care and cleaning.
- A century of dividends: PG has been distributing (and increasing) dividend payouts to its shareholders for more than 130 years. The company recently declared an annual dividend of $3.16 per share.
How to invest in Procter & Gamble with Uphold
Do you want to invest in PG with USD? It only takes a verified Uphold account to buy Procter & Gamble shares instantly. If you don’t have a verified Uphold account, don’t worry, it’s quick and easy to get one.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete an identity check.
- Your account will be activated, and you can start using Uphold.
You can fund your account to buy PG shares with your debit card, credit card or bank account, or crypto deposit from seven networks. You can also make payments to vendors in any currency, send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more.
Uphold’s ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading experience makes any currency exchange a seamless process, all commission-free.
Simply put, there’s no easier way to buy crypto, metals, equities, and more.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% withdrawal fees