Buy Basic Attention Token
BAT is the cryptocurrency token used to reward viewers and publishers using the Brave Browser.
'Brave' is a new style of browser that protects a user's privacy by blocking ad trackers and malware. By eliminating ads in this way, while offering a simple interface and several search engine options, the Brave browser provides a faster, safer (and more rewarding) way to use the internet.
In brief: faster load times while keeping your browsing history all your own.
The BAT or Basic Attention Token is a cryptocurrency that runs on the Ethereum blockchain and is the native token of the Brave Browser ecosystem.
Advertisers use it to pay rewards to browser users for viewing ads and to publishers for creating quality content that attracts attention, measured in dwell time.
What are the project's goals?
Basic Attention Token (BAT) is popular for many reasons:
- As a user, you get paid in BAT for viewing ads while using the browser.
- The Brave Browser has a built-in cryptocurrency wallet that securely stores your BAT.
- You can set the frequency of how many ads are shown to you while using the browser.
In addition, BAT is easily transferable, tradable, and could be a good investment given the multi-billion-dollar annual demand for online advertising.
BAT (Basic Attention Token) was launched in an ICO on May 29th, 2017, and sold out in just 30 seconds.
1.5 billion BAT tokens (worth US $35 million) changed hands, proving that there was a huge market for browsing the internet and advertising in new ways.
What the bears are saying
- Other competitors could beat Brave: While people are moving to Brave for privacy, popular browser Firefox already offers customizable privacy settings, and Tor offers completely private viewing.
- The BAT price isn't going up: The price of Basic Attention Token has been stable for several years.
- They've got massive competitors in browsers: Google and Safari have over 80% of the browser market (approximately 65% and 16% respectively), and Brave has less than 1%.
What the bulls are saying
- The potential for Brave to grow is enormous: People are looking for alternative browsers, privacy is in the zeitgeist and Brave offers a seamless, easy experience across all devices. More users, more use of BAT.
- Other browsers monetise your information: Browsers like Chrome track you and offer access to your browsing data. Brave pays you instead, with cryptocurrency you can convert to fiat or hold for the future. And it protects your data and history.
- Brave Rewards + Uphold Wallet: Uphold is helping to drive the adoption of BAT by integrating its wallet into the Brave browser so that BAT can be seamlessly converted into national currencies. Apart from the bull run of November 2017 to January 2018, the price of BAT has stayed between $0.50 and $0.10. With wider adoption of the Brave Browser, the demand for Basic Attention Tokens is likely to increase - driving the price up further.
How to buy BAT (Basic Attention Token) with Uphold
With Uphold, you can set up an account, verify your identity and buy crypto with ease.
Here is how:
1. Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’
2. Enter your email address, phone number and your personal details
3. Tell us how you plan to use Uphold and provide some basic financial information (e.g., employment status and source of funds)
4. Verify your identity by providing an ID document and taking a ‘selfie’
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
You should be aware that the risk of loss in trading or holding cryptoassets can be very high. As with any asset, the value of cryptoassets can go up or down and there can be a substantial risk that you lose all your money buying, selling, holding or investing in cryptoassets. Our cryptoasset services are not within the scope of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service and your cryptoassets are not subject to protection under the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You should carefully consider whether trading or holding cryptoassets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.
Uphold Europe Limited (FRN: 900577) is registered under the Financial Conduct Authority’s Temporary Registration Regime for cryptoasset firms and complies with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer for Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 as amended. The purchase, sale and custody of cryptoassets is regulated by the FCA for anti-money laundering purposes but this does not indicate any approval by the FCA of Uphold’s cryptoasset activities. Uphold Europe Limited is also an EMD agent of Optimus Cards UK Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (FRN: 902034) pursuant to the Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
The e-money services are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. E-money is not a deposit or investment account which means that your e-money will not be protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. User funds will be held in a designated safekeeping account with a regulated financial institution. E-money will not earn any interest. Additional Risk Warning in Uphold’s Terms & Conditions.
This content is correct as of September 2021
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% withdrawal fees