Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
About Silver (XAG)
Just like gold, silver has been valued as a currency and precious metal for millennia. It’s shiny, can be made into beautiful things, and can’t be faked or manufactured.
The silver price changes continuously because it's one of the most heavily traded metals.
- Silver often follows the price of gold. So when gold goes up, silver often goes up, too. Considered a store of value, investors typically turn to silver in times of crisis.
- Silver production can be a by-product of other metals since it naturally occurs in this way. As metals like copper are mined, silver appears as a natural by-product.
- Silver has many uses, especially in batteries, solar panels, and electronics.
How to buy XAG (SILVER)
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, personal details, and create a password.
- Your account will be created instantly and you can start using Uphold.
Want to buy USD $100 worth of SILVER? As soon as you transfer USD - or any other fiat currency - to your silver sub-account, it's instantly converted into ounces at our current rates.
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% withdrawal fees