Service Fees: Personal accounts
In the U.S. and Europe, our spread is typically 0.8 to 1.2% on BTC and ETH.
- In other parts of the world, our spread on the majors is typically around 1.8%.
- Spreads can be significantly higher for low-liquidity cryptos and tokens including XRP, ZIL, OXT, UPT, DOGE and others. Check rates at Preview before you trade.
- Coordinated market activity such as Wall St Bets can distort markets. All the above spreads are likely to widen beyond those above during times of acute market stress.
Our spread is typically 3% on top of the bid-ask prices at our supplier.
Our spread is typically 0.2% between major national currencies such as EUR, USD, and GBP.
Our spread is typically 1.0%. For trading outside market hours, we add a small spread based on the stock's volatility. A clock icon will appear when the U.S. public market is closed. U.S. market hours are 9.30am to 4pm ET on business days.
Uphold is not a free platform. We charge a spread every time you trade.
Our pricing model is all-inclusive. The price you see before you trade, is the price you pay when you trade. Unlike many platforms, our prices are locked in pre-trade. We don’t add hidden fees between Preview and Transact, unlike some competitors. Please check the rate you’re getting on the Preview page. Only confirm your transaction if you’re happy with the rate and accept the trade.
- Like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market price on our charts; when you trade, you receive the current bid or ask price depending on whether you’re buying or selling. There is always a small difference between the mid-market and the bid/ask prices: it's how order books on exchanges work.
- We charge 0% deposit fees, 0% withdrawal fees, 0% trading commissions (but we do charge a spread).
- Network Fees - charged when you withdraw to external crypto wallets - are passed on at cost and may vary depending on Network congestion.
Service Fees: Business accounts
Open an account and hold funds
FREE. It is free to open an account and hold value with Uphold. Uphold accounts are free to customers who maintain active accounts.
Fund your account
FREE when funded by a bank account, using bitcoin, or from another Uphold account. If using a Debit/Credit Card or China Union Pay to fund your account, a fee of 3.99% applies.
Send and receive money
FREE between Uphold customers. All customer-to-customer transfers are completely FREE of all fees, costs or limitations regardless of the amounts transferred, currency or frequency.
Convert & Buy
We charge an exchange fee when a customer buy/converts between different currencies. This is based upon a percentage of the transaction value (see the full list of fees below). You may also notice a slight difference between the buy and sell price quote for the same currency pair at Uphold. This is because we include in the quote a Price Protection Fee.
This small difference (usually less than 0.75% above or below the market rate) allows us to give you an instant and guaranteed quote no matter the market conditions or other factors that may affect our ability to settle your trade.
Withdraw funds from Uphold
To move funds off-platform via crypto the fee is $2.99. To move funds off-platform via bank transfer the fee is $3.99 3rd party costs may apply, such as bank wire costs in some geographies or blockchain network fees.
Currencies & Commodities
0.65% USD, EUR, GBP, UPUSD, UPEUR, USDC, TUSD, USDT, DAI
0.95% AUD, CAD, DKK, HKD, JPY, MXN, NZD, NOK, SGD, SEK, CHF
1.05% BTC, UPBTC
1.15% ARS, BRL, ILS, KES, PHP, PLN, AED
1.35% CZK, HUF, RON, HRK
1.4% - 1.95% Cryptocurrencies, Environmental Assets & Equities
2.05% XAU, UPXAU