Uphold Fees Disclosure
We charge fees when you trade, deposit from a card, make a wire transfer, or withdraw funds to a crypto network. Our fees depend on factors such as where you reside and the payment method you select.
Uphold’s fees take into account the cost of regional payment processing charges, regulatory checks, and network fees.
All transaction fees are disclosed at the time of the transaction. By completing a transaction, you are agreeing to pay those fees.
Fees are broken down into the following categories.
(See Fee Table for details)
- Deposit fees - apply when you deposit via a debit/credit card. We do not charge a fee when you deposit from your bank (excluding wire transfers under $5,000 in the U.S.).
- Uphold fee - Uphold charges a withdrawal fee on certain crypto networks where legal, compliance and regulatory issues require us to operate an enhanced control framework.
- Network fees - paid to miners and validators who process the transactions. Uphold groups multiple transactions into "batches". The network fees paid by customers in a batch could be slightly more or less than the total fees Uphold eventually pays. For certain assets, Uphold charges a fixed network fee.
- Transaction fees - a fixed fee for trades under $250.
Uphold charges a spread every time you trade.
Our pricing model is all-inclusive. The price you see before you trade is the price you pay when you trade. Unlike other platforms, our prices are locked in pre-trade*. Unlike some competitors, we don’t add hidden fees between Preview and Transact.
Please check the rate you’re getting on the Preview page. Only confirm your transaction if you’re happy with the rate and accept the trade.
Like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market price on our charts; when you trade, you receive the current bid or ask price depending on whether you’re buying or selling.
There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the actual bid/ask prices: it's how order books on virtually all exchanges work.
In the U.S., U.K., and Europe, our spread is typically 1.5% on BTC and ETH.
- In other parts of the world, our spread on the majors is typically around 1.8%.
- Spreads can be significantly wider for certain low-liquidity assets. Check rates at Preview before you trade.
- Coordinated market activity can distort markets. All the above spreads are likely to widen beyond those above during times of acute market stress.
- When spreads are unusually wide, we endeavor to inform you at the point of trade.
Our spread is typically 0.2% between major national currencies such as EUR, USD, and GBP.*Except for standard crypto network withdrawal fees.
Service Fees: Business accounts
Fees are agreed on a volume basis. Please discuss with our Business Development Team.
Open an account and hold funds
FREE. It is free to open an account and hold value with Uphold. Uphold accounts are free to customers who maintain active accounts.
Fund your account
FREE when funded by a bank account, using bitcoin, or from another Uphold account. For credit cards, we charge a 3.99% fee per deposit, for debit cards, we charge a 3.49% fee per deposit.
Send and receive money
FREE between Uphold customers. All customer-to-customer transfers are completely FREE of all fees, costs or limitations regardless of the amounts transferred, currency or frequency.
Convert & Buy
We charge an exchange fee when a customer buy/converts between different currencies. This is based upon a percentage of the transaction value (see the full list of fees below). You may also notice a slight difference between the buy and sell price quote for the same currency pair at Uphold. This is because we include in the quote a Price Protection Fee.
This small difference (usually less than 0.75% above or below the market rate) allows us to give you an instant and guaranteed quote no matter the market conditions or other factors that may affect our ability to settle your trade.
Withdraw funds from Uphold
To move funds off-platform via crypto the fee is $2.99. To move funds off-platform via bank transfer the fee is $3.99. Third-party costs may apply, such as bank wire costs in some geographies or blockchain network fees.
Currencies & Commodities
0.65% USD, EUR, GBP, UPUSD, UPEUR, TUSD, USDT, USDC, DAI
0.95% AUD, CAD, DKK, HKD, JPY, MXN, NZD, NOK, SGD, SEK, CHF
1.05% BTC, UPBTC
1.15% ARS, BRL, ILS, KES, PHP, PLN, AED, CZK, HUF, RON, HRK
1.4% - 1.95% Cryptocurrencies and Environmental Assets
2.05% XAU, UPXAU