Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
Digital currencies are very high risk. Do not invest money you can’t afford to lose. Please consider the suitability of crypto for your individual position before trading.
About Stacks (STX)
A layer-1 blockchain, Stacks was built to bring smart contract functionality to Bitcoin.
"Stacks enables Decentralized Finance (DeFi) for Bitcoin,", pointing to the increasing frequency of instances where developers have created decentralized applications (dApps) built on top of each other's apps, with a best-of-breed approach and leveraging the Bitcoin blockchain as a most secure base layer.
Stacks brings scalable transactions and general-purpose smart contracts to Bitcoin without modifying it,.
Formerly Blockstack, Stacks is focused on trying to usurp centralized cloud service providers, according to.
STX is the network’s native asset running a computing network and ecosystem for decentralized applications (dApps).
The Stacks network allows users to directly own digital assets, such as like domain names and programs; computing is handled on the periphery (on user devices); data is stored discreetly, on behalf of individual users, via applications on the platform.
Through a partnership with Stacks, OKCoin recently said it would push toward development of a broader DeFi ecosystem on Bitcoin,said.
The current price of STX
As of early April 2022, STX was trading at about $1.50, having shed 40% over the previous 12 months. The token’s slide during the first three months of the year came amidst stiff global macro headwinds that have detrimentally impacted digital asset markets.
STX ended 2021 on a roll, hitting an all-time high of $3.39 a few days before Christmas. This represents an 8,375% increase from STX’s March 2020 record low of $0.04 ().
How the price of STX is determined
STX’s price is partially a reflection of the token’s deflationary nature. Unlike fiat currencies, the supply of STX has a hard cap: only 1.32 billion will ever be put into circulation. As of March 2022, roughly 1.05 billion of the tokens had been released. Much like Bitcoin, STX employs a halving mechanism which sees block rewards decreased every four years ().
What the bulls are saying about Stacks (STX)
- “Blockstack makes it possible to build decentralized applications and smart contracts on Bitcoin,” .
- Stacks’ consensus mechanism is far more energy-efficient and faster than Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work system, .
- STX is an outstanding long-term (one-year) investment, said.
What the bears are saying about Stacks (STX)
- A pullback from the 50-day moving average resistance could result in STX break below its ascending trend line support, according to .
- ”It is entirely possible that another network or blockchain could come along, doing much of the same thing, and end up taking users away from Stacks,” said.
- If investors turn against the crypto, the price of STX might plummet to $0.50,
- said in early 2022.
How to buy Stacks (STX)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees