Privacy & Data Policy
Last updated Jan 18, 2022
This Privacy Statement describes how Uphold collects, uses, and shares your Personal Data that we receive from you when you visit our website or app or which we otherwise receive or collect from you in the course of, or connection with, the provision of our products and services and our business operations. It answers the following questions:
- How do we collect Personal Data about you?
- What Personal Data do we collect?
- How do we use your Personal Data, and on what legal basis do we collect your Personal Data?
- How do we keep your Personal Data safe?
- How do we share your Personal Data?
- Do we transfer your Personal Data outside of the EU/EEA?
- What does Uphold's real-time public reserve transparency mean for your Personal Data?
- What are your legal data privacy rights?
- How long do we retain your Personal Data?
- How do we protect children’s privacy?
- How do we use your Personal Data to inform you and market to you?
- How do we make changes to this Privacy Statement?
- Where does this Privacy Statement apply?
- Who can you contact if you have further questions or requests about your privacy?
Uphold Lithuania UAB (“Uphold”, "we", “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please see our contact details provided below. This Privacy & Data Policy (“Privacy Statement”) describes how Uphold collects, uses, and shares your Personal Data that we receive from you when you visit our website or app or which we otherwise receive or collect from you in the course of, or in connection with, the provision of our products and services and our business operations.
The Uphold Group is made up of different legal entities, including Uphold HQ Inc., Uphold Europe, Ltd., Uphold, LDA, Uphold Worldwide Ltd., Uphold International Equities, Inc., Optimus Cards UK Limited, and other affiliates. This privacy statement is issued on behalf of Uphold Lithuania UAB.
It is important that you read this Privacy Statement together with any other privacy statement or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data so you can understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We process your personal data listed below in accordance with the applicable legislation, including the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, the GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws.