Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
About Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Bitcoin Cash is a top 10 cryptocurrency, so an accurate price is available on many exchanges (like Uphold.com) as well as cryptocurrency price tracking websites.
Bitcoin Cash was ‘hard forked’ from the Bitcoin core code in August 2017 by a group of cryptocurrency miners and enthusiasts who were concerned about how slow Bitcoin was progressing.
Their new code design increased the size of the ‘blocks’ that form the blockchain from approximately 1MB per block to 8MB per block. This meant that more information could be processed at the same time, effectively speeding up the network. As Bitcoin Cash was given to holders of Bitcoin at the time of the fork (1:1), it has been incredibly popular with enthusiasts and investors alike.
How is the price of Bitcoin Cash determined?
Just like Bitcoin, there are 21 million Bitcoin Cash in total and less than that in circulation.
The price is determined by how much BCH people want to buy at any one time (Demand) vs how many are for sale (Supply). The price 'floats' between the prices that people are offering to buy BCH for (Bid ) and the price that BCH is offered for sale (Offer).
There are thousands of exchange computers around the world that calculate the price constantly.
What the bears are saying about Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Bitcoin Cash is still slow: Bitcoin Cash is nearly 4x faster than Bitcoin (~25 transactions per second), but it’s still very slow when compared with XRP (at 1,500 TPS).
- Transactions require mining: With increasing concerns about its environmental impacts, Bitcoin Cash's energy-intensive computing may come under scrutiny in the future.
- Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin: Bitcoin Cash was ‘hard forked’ from the Bitcoin code in 2017 and has since been ‘hard forked’ twice again. How many more times will it change?
What the bulls are saying about Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Bitcoin Cash is a Top 5 cryptocurrency: Modeled on the #1 cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, BCH is showing incredible popularity due to its namesake.
- A long term hold: With increasing difficulty in mining and limited supply, growth over the long term could be significant.
- It’s a better Bitcoin: Bitcoin Cash was designed to be a faster version of Bitcoin and more in line with the original intent of Bitcoin’s creator, Satoshi Nakamoto.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees