Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
What is the Flare Network (FLR)?
The Flare Network is a new Layer-1, Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchain.
The Flare Network enables different blockchains to communicate with each other (blockchain interoperability). It also provides smart contract capabilities to Layer-1 blockchains, hence the project’s tagline #ConnectEverything.
There are three components on the Flare Network to be aware of:
- State Connector: this protocol allows external blockchain data to be used on the Flare Network
- Flare Time Series Oracle (FTSO): this protocol provides a reliable source of off-chain data to be used on the Flare Network
- Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM): Flare uses EVM for its smart contract development. This makes it particularly easy for Ethereum developers to build on the network.
FLR token utility?
FLR is the network’s native token. It’s used to pay transaction fees, participate in governance, and secure the network through staking.
Flare: A (very) brief history
- On January 9th, 2023, the Flare network distributed one of the largest token airdrops in history. 15% of the total airdrop was distributed - the remaining 85% of tokens will be distributed over the next 36 months.
- The first Flare whitepaper was published in August 2020. The whitepaper outlined the Flare team’s intent to create a blockchain that would purely focus on bringing smart-contract capabilities to networks which didn’t have them enabled. At that time, the Flare network’s native token was named ‘Spark’. Ripple’s XRP Ledger was used as the primary example of a blockchain which could benefit from Flare’s innovations.
- A second version of the Flare whitepaper was published in December 2022. The ‘Spark’ token was renamed FLR, and the project’s widened scope was presented. for full details.
How to buy Flare Network (FLR)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees