Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
About OMG Network (OMG)
The OMG Network is the quickest and most affordable way to transfer ETH and ERC20 tokens globally without restrictions.
Formerly known as OmiseGo, OMG Network was established in 2017 as a trustless, non-custodial Layer-2 scaling solution
for transferring value on Ethereum.
The OMG Network enables the transfer of ETH and ERC20 tokens with a throughput of thousands of transactions per second,
scaling Ethereum and making it enterprise-ready.
Why does OMG exist?
Billions of people have smartphones and internet access, but limited connections to traditional bank accounts and services.
OMG aims to make it easier and safer for everyone to access financial services in a trustless, permissionless way through cryptocurrencies.
How is the price of OMG determined?
OMG's price is determined by how much OMG is available for sale and how many people want to buy it (supply vs demand).
As OMG's network design is proof-of-stake, at any one time there could be a lot of OMG tokens tied up in smart contracts (in addition to people holding them for investment purposes). This means OMG has the potential to be more scarce when compared with other cryptocurrencies (positively affecting the price).
140 million OMG are available in total, with over 100 million in circulation.
The price of OMG is calculated many times per second by exchange computers all over the world. Just like any other traded item, the price floats between what sellers are asking (Offer Price) and what buyers wish to pay for OMG (Bid Price).
In June 2020 OMG rebranded from OmiseoGo to the OMG Network to align with its future objectives around its values and.
What the bears are saying about OMG Network (OMG)
- OMG could be considered 'centralized': Unlike many cryptocurrencies, OMG is overseen and developed by a company, as opposed to a ‘decentralized’ community of developers.
- Other decentralized exchanges are launching: There are several decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges in operation, with more coming online.
- Success depends on partnerships: The success of OMG is dependent on the success of partnerships with e-wallet providers and decentralized financial networks.
What the bulls are saying about OMG Network (OMG)
- OMG has vast potential: Cryptocurrency exchanges are big businesses, with the potential for enormous growth over time. OMG’s decentralized exchange functionality could see it take a big portion of this business.
- The technology is powerful: OMG Network’s highly-efficient processing technology could transform how financial inclusivity is attained and delivered globally.
- It adds value to Ethereum: Ethereum is the world’s most-used smart contract platform, making it advantageous for OMG Network to provide services on it.
How to buy OMG Network (OMG)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees