Please note: like most trading venues, we display the current mid-market rates in our price charts. When you trade, you get the current bid or ask price depending on whether you are buying or selling. There is always a slight difference between the mid-market and the current bid or ask prices. This is a natural result of how Exchange order books work.
Digital currencies are very high risk. Do not invest money you can’t afford to lose. Please consider the suitability of crypto for your individual position before trading.
About DFI.Money (YFII)
DFI.Money is a fork of Yearn Finance that aggregates the strategies of various lending protocols, automatically steering users' digital assets towards the highest yield. Native asset YFII is used for governance.
According to, is distributed through voting participation and liquidity provision on Curve or Balance.
Yield farming strategies can be developed by anyone to be voted upon, ashas noted.
The strategies with the most votes from the community will be implemented.
Who created YFII?
Yearn Finance (YFI) is the yield aggregator created by prolific developer Andre Cronje.
A group of users hard forked the YFI protocol, resulting in the creation of DFI.Money, with its own token, YFII.
The fork was undertaken to protect the protocol design following a community decision having been thwarted by some big holders who were seen as prone to manipulating the provisioning of liquidity. When a measure to prevent this was raised and failed, YFII was born.
When was YFII created and how much was it worth?
It was launched in July 2020. At that time, the mining and farming of Yearn Finance's YFI token had come to an end. The aforementioned proposal (“YIP-8”) earned majority support in the community. However, it was not adopted, having failed to reach a 33% quorum. According to, when YFFI launched, its price was about $800; within a few months, it soared to a record above $9,000.
How is the price of YFII determined?
DFI.Money's YFII undergoes a weekly halving in its emission schedule. YFII is a fixed-supply token, so the measure is deflationary.
According to the YFII project, there is a total supply of 40,000 YFII with 20,000 tokens in each pool. The platform seeks to distribute the tokens ten weeks following the launch date, starting with 10,000 tokens.
Why does YFII have value?
Liquidity providers earn YFII based on their network activities i.e. staking on the DFI.Money platform. The hard fork meant YFII rewards would decrease each week. Staked YFII, in pools, earn more YFII, a scarce asset if the deflationary measures continue as planned.
What are the main benefits of YFII?
- DFI.Money is similar to Yearn Finance but aimed at users of its predecessor who voted in favor of the YIP-8 proposal that was quashed by so-called whales. It also is said to appeal to DeFi greenhorns investors who want to maximize yield farming opportunities.
- DFI.Money says its protocol is community-owned. It does not offer incentives such as developer rewards.
- Liquidity providers earn YFII tokens as a reward.
- According to YFII’s platform, the vault is a “standout offering” for retail traders who deposit the token supported by the platform. Then they reap the reward that the strategy farms, all of it executed automatically.
- The vault has a decentralized mechanism that lets anyone create farming strategies. Those with the most support from the community are implemented.
- The vault aims to minimize transaction fees.
How to buy DFI.Money
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees