About Adobe (ADBE)
Adobe Systems Inc. is an American computer software company based in San Jose, California.
Adobe was founded in 1982 by John Warnock and Charles Geschke, who were previously employed at Xerox PARC. The duo left the company in order to develop the PostScript page description language, which was subsequently licensed by Apple.
The company develops and sells multimedia and creative software products, catering to a wide-range of customers across several industries. Adobe products are offered under three primary suites: Document Cloud, Creative Cloud and Experience Cloud.
Some of the company's most popular software applications include Adobe Flash (web content) Acrobat (portable document format, PDF), Photoshop (image editing), Illustrator (vector graphics editor), Premiere Pro (video editing), InDesign (desktop publishing) among others.
As of 2020, Adobe has more than 22,000 employees, with more than 70 offices across 26 countries besides the U.S. including Canada, China, India, Singapore, Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Brazil.
ADBE stock price
The Adobe Share Price, like those of other publicly-traded companies, is deeply correlated to quarterly and annual revenues, which are the direct result of the demand for the company’s products and services.
With declared revenues of $11.17 billion in 2019, Adobe is one of the largest and most trusted software companies in the world. Previously offering its products under a perpetual licensing model, Adobe has since successfully migrated to a cloud-based subscription. The move guarantees lower piracy rates and more stable revenues, among other benefits.
At the same time, Adobe is now facing increasing expectations and demands, with much stronger competition, especially in the digital marketing segment.
Looking at the Adobe stock price chart, many would think the stock is already unaffordable. However, at Uphold, you don’t have to buy a whole ADBE stock. Similar to cryptocurrencies, you can buy fractions of it by investing as little as $1.00.
The Adobe stock price is ultimately determined by the laws of supply and demand in the markets. Traders around the world put up asking (selling) and bids (buying) orders and the matching process in order books results in the ADBE price, which constantly changes.
What the bears are saying
- A cloud above: Adobe's incursion into digital marketing and customer experience brings high expectations and heavy competition, with household names such as Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Salesforce, and Dropbox.
- Under pressure to deliver: Unfair pricing has always haunted Adobe, especially in underdeveloped countries. Raising future subscription prices could prove to be a hard sell, putting extra pressure on Adobe to constantly deliver new features and added benefits to remain attractive.
What the bulls are saying
- Industry-standard: Adobe offers market-leading applications, chosen by creative professionals at some of the largest companies in the world.
- Future-proof: As we move into a more digital world, Adobe tools become increasingly indispensable and are guaranteed to be in high demand for the foreseeable future.
- Still growing: Adobe stays light on its feet, venturing into digital marketing, commerce, and SaaS (software as a service) segments, coupled with the recent acquisitions of Magento (for US$1.68 billion) and Marketo (for $4.75 billion).
How to invest in Adobe with Uphold
Do you want to invest in ADBE with USD? It only takes a verified Uphold account to buy Adobe shares instantly. If you don’t have a verified Uphold account, don’t worry.
Here’s how easy and fast it is to get started:
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete an identity check.
- Your account will then be activated, and you can start using Uphold.
You can then proceed to fund your account to buy ADBE shares with your debit card, credit card, or bank account. Your Uphold account can also be used to make payments to vendors, send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more.
Uphold ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading will make any currency exchange a seamless process, all commission-free. Uniquely, you can trade directly between any supported asset in one step.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees
0% trading commissions