About Apple (AAPL)
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) is an American consumer technology, software, hardware, and content distribution company based in Cupertino, California.
Founded in a home garage in 1976, its Apple I and Apple II personal computers were incredibly popular from the start. After going public in 1980, it enjoyed a stellar rise in popularity (and profits) before the Windows PC hurt Apple’s market share. The departure of founder Steve Jobs in 1985 saw the company go through a turbulent period until his return as CEO in 2000.
Apple has enjoyed a constant rise in brand popularity since 2004, with market-leading products like the iPod, iPhone and iPad that defined entire categories. Today, Apple is in the Top 5 most valuable companies, after Amazon (#1) and Google (#2).
Apple stock price
Apple's (AAPL) philosophy is to design technology products that are beautiful, functional, and unmatched by competitors.
In recent years, its marketing and brand appeal has been so attractive that it can command higher-than-market prices for its products. As a result, APPL stock has been in a long period of sustained growth, from $2 in 2004 to over $370 each in July 2020.
What the bears are saying
- COVID-19 may delay new releases: The coronavirus pandemic has had a significant impact on supply lines - and Apple may also experience issues with production and supply of new iPhone, Mac, and other product releases in the near future.
- Competition is intense in consumer tech: Samsung, Microsoft, HP, Huawei, Google, Dell, Bose, Amazon, Netflix - the list of competitors across all of Apple’s core product lines are strong and getting stronger.
- AirPods won’t save it: Despite record sales and profitability of its AirPods wireless headphones, it hasn't released a significant new product since the Apple Watch in 2014.
What the bulls are saying
- Apple has brand loyalty like no other company on the planet: Premium stores in prime city locations. People line up around the block all night to be first to get a new release that they could order online. Apple has powerful desirability that it can capitalize on for years to come.
- Apple is becoming a content creation and streaming media service: Just like the Apple App Store, Apple knows that scaleable, digital products are highly profitable business units. Apple TV+ is now taking on the giant of content streaming, Netflix, with streamed TV, movies, and content creation.
- Innovation doesn’t stop at Apple: Watches. AirPods. HomePods. Apple is always innovating better, more attractive products, thanks to significant development in R&D.
How to invest in Apple (AAPL) with Uphold
Uphold is the easy way to buy shares, cryptocurrencies, foreign currency, stablecoins, and precious metals. From a simple dashboard, you can transfer funds and trade between all of these investment options in seconds.
Do you want to invest in APPL with USD? It only takes a verified Uphold account to buy Apple shares instantly. If you don’t have a verified Uphold account, don’t worry, it’s quick and easy to get one.
- Go to Uphold.com and click ‘Sign up’.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and complete an identity check.
- Your account will then be activated, and you can start using Uphold.
You can fund your account to buy APPL shares with your debit card, credit card, or bank account. Your Uphold account can also be used to make payments to vendors, send money to friends on the other side of the world, and more.
Uphold ‘Anything-to-Anything’ trading will make any currency exchange a seamless process, all commission-free. Uniquely, you can trade directly between any supported asset in one step.
*U.S. stock trading is not available in the U.S., U.K., and certain other jurisdictions.
This article is for informational purposes only and takes no account of particular personal or market circumstances, and should not be relied upon as investment, tax, or legal advice. For investment, tax, or legal advice, and before taking any action you should consult your own advisors. Note that assets such as equities present unique risks for investors.
This content is correct as of October 2020
Get more coin for your coin
0% deposit fees 0% withdrawal fees