Before trading any crypto assets it is important to understand the risks. This overview summarizes certain risks associated with INJ.
No securities regulatory authority has expressed an opinion about INJ, including an opinion that INJ itself is not a security and/or derivative.
Token Description & Project Background
Injective is a Proof of Stake blockchain designed specifically for decentralized finance, offering compatibility with layer one smart contract platforms such as Solana and Ethereum. The platform’s core infrastructure seamlessly offers decentralized exchange (DEX) infrastructure, decentralized bridges, and oracles to be seamlessly integrated on-chain.
The DEX infrastructure offers on-chain order book and matching engine, facilitating spot, perpetual, futures and options markets. Users and developers also see significant benefits from zero gas fees when utilizing the platform.
The native token of the network, INJ, plays multiple roles within the ecosystem. It serves as a reward mechanism for developers, helps secure the network through staking, and grants token holders the ability to participate in decentralized governance. Through collective decision-making, token holders govern all aspects of the Injective network.
The INJ token was introduced to the market in 2020 through a combination of private and public sales, raising approximately US$7.1 million. The protocol was founded by Eric Chen, who brings a wealth of experience as a former Researcher at Innovative Capital and Product Manager at Splash, and holds a bachelor’s degree from NYU Stern School of Business. Albert Chon, the co-founder and CTO, has a background as a software developer at Amazon, a consultant at Open Zeppelin, and holds a MSc from Stanford University.
Risks of INJ
Like an investment in other crypto assets, there are some general risks to investing in INJ. These include: (i) volatility risk and liquidity risk, (ii) short history risk, (iii) demand risk, (iv) forking risk, (v) code defects, (vi) regulatory risk, (vii) electronic trading risk, and (viii) cyber security risk. For additional information of these and other general risks associated with crypto assets and Uphold’s platform, please refer to thestatement.
In addition to these general risks, an investment in INJ is subject to the following specific risks:
- The Layer-1 blockchain space faces significant competition. Any potential success will depend on the extent of INJ adoption by enterprises, developers, as well as the growth of emerging industries such as asset digitization, the creator economy, and tokenization. Furthermore, the project’s future trajectory hinges on the decisions made by a global community of INJ token holders.
We emphasize that this Crypto Asset Statement is not an exhaustive description or summary of all risks associated with INJ. Investors should conduct their own research and perform their own assessment before trading any crypto asset to determine the appropriate level of risk for their personal circumstances.
The INJ community and aforementioned founders are not under any legal or regulatory obligation to disclose material information to the public regarding its activities. Holders of INJ have no recourse to INJ DAO, founders, or Uphold if INJ declines in value for any reason.
Changes to applicable law may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, or value of any of your crypto assets, and such changes may be sudden and without notice.
Uphold’s Evaluation Process
Prior to listing INJ on the Uphold Platform, Uphold performed due diligence on INJ and determined that INJ is unlikely to be a security or derivative under relevant securities legislation. Uphold’s analysis including reviewing publicly available information on the following:
- The creation, governance, usage, and design of INJ, including ensuring the source code is open-source, audited and peer reviewed, security, and roadmap for growth in the developer community.
- The supply, demand, maturity, utility, and liquidity of INJ.
- Any marketing materials put forward by the INJ social team including on, Twitter, Medium blog, LinkedIn posts, Discord and Telegram channels.
- Material technical risks associated with INJ, including any code defects, security breaches and other threats concerning INJ and its supporting blockchain (such as the susceptibility to hacking and impact of forking), or the practices and protocols that apply to them.
- Legal and regulatory risks associated with INJ, including any pending, potential, or prior civil, regulatory, criminal, or enforcement action relating to the issuance, distribution, or use of INJ.
Uphold has prepared this Crypto Asset Statement based on publicly available information. Although Uphold has taken steps to obtain information from apparently reliable sources, information contained in this Crypto Asset Statement may be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. This overview is a starting point for you to perform your own research prior to investing in a crypto asset.
Uphold users should read thestatement for additional discussion of general risks associated with crypto assets made available through the Uphold platform.
Canadian residents, please note that Uphold has filed an application for registration in certain Canadian jurisdictions but has not yet obtained registration. Until such time as Uphold obtains registration, Uphold has agreed to abide by the terms of an undertaking available at the following. Please also review the for additional discussion of general risks associated with the crypto assets made available through Uphold Platform. Please be aware that statutory rights of action for damages or rescission in section 130.1 of the Securities Act (Ontario) and, if applicable, similar statutory rights under securities legislation in the other provinces and territories of Canada do not apply in respect of this Crypto Asset Statement or other disclosures on the Uphold website and statement.
Last updated on June 21, 2023.
How to buy Injective (INJ)
With Uphold, you can buy digital currencies in just 11 clicks - even if you don’t have an account yet.
Nothing could be easier.
Here’s how fast it is to get started:
1. Go toand click .
2. Enter your email address and personal details.
3. Click the link we send you and create a password
… and you’re off to the races!
Just start trading.
Get more coin for your coin
0% withdrawal fees